Wednesday, June 25, 2014

GILMAN ADVICE

Hola Chicos!

I have a friend who has won the Gilman Award! Here is a little advice from her
"Having been an alternate twice, I advise anyone to start the application as soon as possible. In your essay, you should make it your own unique and inspiring story while also what a huge impact receiving this scholarship will have helping you with your travel expenses. I included personal stories of moving to the U.S. from Egypt and my father's recent illness. Also, there is a writing section for your plans after you come back, make sure you have only about one or two community service or educational projects and detail your plans.  I strongly advise you to have someone who is STRONG in essay writing to revise your essay and take it to as many people who are willing to look over it for you or give you additional hints. Wish you the best of luck on your travel experience! " Christina Maximos

No comments:

Post a Comment